Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Tuesday 8 March 2022

More Gendarmes.


I will admit it, I love Gendarmes and have more than I will ever need. However when I was building my new Burgundian army I wanted their own gendarmes. Yes I will be painting up some Perry plastic ones but I thought I should have myself some new 3D ones as well. 
Now the ones on E Bay are mainly for the fantasy market but lets be right all our toys are fantasy in some small way. Well that was my justification for buying these lovelies. They take paint  really well and dont need an undercoat if you cant be bothered. Detail wise they are excellent but I can foresee heavy handling will cause some breakages, especially to the lances. Talking to the manufacturer he is experimenting with a more sympathetic resin. Anyway I completed these boys in record time. 
Because Pete Smith of Pete's Flags has produced more Wars of the Roses flags I inevitably started painting up an additional Yorkist ward.




Thesee chaps are the new ward, minus the Men at Arms which are still being based.


 

8 comments:

  1. Lovely stuff, very colourful. Who can resist Gendarmes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, no one can resist them, well apart from the Swiss.

      Delete
  2. Great looking gendarmes and archers and let's face it, you can't have enough gendarmes, apparently!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colorful and splendid figures, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid stuff there! But resin and plaaaastics! Have you no shame?)😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you know I have none whatsoever David, oh and God Bless the Queen.

      Delete

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.