Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Romagnol Pikemen.

I wanted to wait until I'd completed another unit before I did a post on my blog,regarding Cesare Borgia.
 With Christmas being upon me,my painting was slowed to a standstill, apparently my wife reckons its anti social to lock your self away when your grandchildren come to stay.
Oh for the time they reach 10,then they can do my undercoating.
Anyway,I have finished a couple of things, one is a pike unit of Romagnol pikemen and their sub unit of arquebusiers. Cesare,supplied his instructers with the heavy Swiss pike,as opposed to the lighter Italian one.
 This and the Swiss and Spanish trainers must have made the Romagnol units quite decent.


I have decked them in their Red and White livery [which is also my favourite colour scheme, I blame Sunderland Premier Football club ] I think I now have got the hang of assembling and painting the Perry plastic figures,and I must admit,they are a joy to paint. I haven't put the flock on yet,because I was keen to photograph them asap.
 I also did a couple of artillery pieces with crews,to see how they looked.
With Ian Hinds having a 20% reduction on his Hinchliffe range for December / January I bought a few pieces,to try out.
 Perhaps not to every modern wargamers taste,but I still like them a lot. Especially the wagons,artillery and the French Gendarme,which was always a favourite figure of mine.
 The other is a gun and crew from Foundry I bought half price off E Bay. The early Renaissance range was a very fine one,before things went a bit awry and expensive. I think it came out well.

Finally I painted a couple of the personalities from the Pro Gloria range,which I mentioned in an earlier post. These are very good figures,and are totally compatible with the original Foundry range. They also fit nicely with Perry Miniatures.




 So there we have it, not bad for a short burst of painting,as this is coupled to a unit on my sister blog, 88 figures in total for a month,much better than my usual work rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.