Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Italian Sword and Buckler men.

One of the nice things about the army of Cesare Borgia is the chance to include sword and buckler type troops. The Italians opted for this troop type and quickly saw their merit when fighting at close quarters.
The Perry twins,have made a really fine group of figures,which they show painted with papal crest on their shields. No doubt I will include this design on some of the unit,but I have to try and copy some of these contemporary designs for some of the unit,I hope.
The first design is a Vitteli stemma. 
 This design is an actual Borgia stemma,so is compulsory in my eyes,anorak that I am.
These stemma's come from the correct period,and show the richness of the designs that were used.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.