Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Monday 7 February 2022

Brettonian Burgundians!!!

I used to own a large Games Workshop Brettonian army, they were colourful and I put some real effort into painting them. Like other painting projects I rarely used them [once] and then realised I wouldnt use them so sold the lot. Even now it pains me to think how much time and effort I had put into the army and just how valuable it would be some ten years plus after I sold them. Anyway one of the figures I had always like was the very early Brettonian archers and with them being a generic figure I wanted some for my Wars of the Roses and Burgundian projects. 
Yes they are an anachronism, yes they are well Games Workshoppy but I like them and they paint up well. 

I couldnt help myself and added another Burgundian Pike unit to the army.This time the figures are historically correct.




 

4 comments:

  1. Love the GW Bretonians,they've come out really well and I always like the Perry plastic pike blocks!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iain I cant help myself using these old archer figures. The other infantry are better but the prices have become silly.

      Delete
  2. Excellent additions to your ever-growing project, Robbie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im now using you as inspiration Johnathan, the speed you get figures on the table is impressive.

      Delete

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.