Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Thursday 23 November 2017

Lost in Italy?

 During the time I was building my replacement Renaissance armies I squirreled  away various figures that invariably I forgot about and never painted. Now that I am between projects and thinking about what I will do next I dug out a few of these figures to paint. As is usually the case I am now painting up a new pike block using a combination of Steel Fist figures and the ex Pro Gloria plastics. That is if they are compatible. If they don't look right together, I will end up buying some more metal from Warlord. These two gentleman that I found are a sort of tester for the unit. I was never any good at woodwork but somehow cobbled together the table. The maps are made from some Japanese paper that I had laid around to make a couple of flags once.



8 comments:

  1. Top notch vignette, wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, now I just need to find some spare figures to make up another pike unit.

      Delete
  3. Lovely work and very nice vignette! Will they ask for directions?
    Cheers, Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a very fine vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice figures in your trademark renaissance colour scheme! They look great, looking forward to the pike block, I've taken all the warlord plastic landsknechts off the sprues and was going to mix them in with some Perry plastics, but I've got foundry landsknechts ahead of them in the queue, do I need them? Probably not!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robbie, they look very good. a nice addition to a display game.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.