Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Saturday 27 December 2014

Ottoman Turks.

 In a previous post a few weeks ago I mentioned that I was able to buy back a Turkish Renaissance army that my longtime wargames partner John Reidy had sold in 1987.
 At the time this army was damned near unbeatable using the George Gush renaissance rules, it was also the prettiest army we possessed. Anyway I have started re basing the army starting with some Feudal Spahis.
 This unit however only contains two of Johns original figures ,the other four were very kindly given to me by Doug Crowther and had belonged to the late great Peter Gilder.

 The two figures from Johns original collection are castings from the now defunct Campaign Miniatures created by Tony Walmsley. These are the figures with the yellow pants and the rider with the pink! top.These were a great range of figures and deserve a re issue.
 Anyway I am looking forward to having these chaps back in action.


2 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed. Cant wait to face them on the table with my Poles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the delay Colin, it should be an interesting match.
    The only army to ever beat these Turks was the Poles.

    ReplyDelete

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.