Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Saturday 6 September 2014

+ Two on Morale.

In wargames rules from an earlier period, you were able in certain instances to gain extra morale bonuses for religious artifacts and certain leaders. Well modern times are slightly different but I had to have the Perry Carroccio and its crew. Its a tad early for the period of the Borgias, but it is such a lovely model that I wanted one, irrespective of history.
 I know there's a bit of a purple thing going on, but it seemed a colour that matched the period.I used a flag from Pete's Flags for the banner which had a suitable religious theme. So I hope to get a plus two for religious artifact when the army turns out. The only gripe is that the sides of the wagon are resin, so the spokes on the wheels are very delicate. I just need a suitable guard for the alter now.






5 comments:

  1. This purple color is just amazing, great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil,
      the original colour is actually a very dark brown/red which I bought from Tree Fellas for £1.00. Somehow adding various pinks it turned into a rich purple.
      Thanks Robbie.

      Delete
  2. Just seeing the way you've painted the Carroccio means I want one!!! Yer costin' me a fortune, lad! As Phil says the purple really works. Total quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evening Dennis,
      I am halfway through painting the alter guard, so you might want to hold on until I finish them. I managed to pick up some Foundry halberdiers in suitable attire. I have a few spare if you want some.
      Thanks Robbie.

      Delete
  3. very lush. you could give troops a re-roll on break test maybe if within 12"?

    ReplyDelete

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.