Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Tuesday 28 February 2017

One wargamers good news,.............


 Great news for some Renaissance wargamers, but clearly an issue for me, as I will HAVE to buy some, even though I really dont need anymore [well maybe I do ] These were some of the original figures that I hoped to have when Pro Gloria were on the go. I only hope Warlord actually release the whole range, because they were simply tremendous. Of course it would be even better news if Warlord released the plastic gendarmes that were made at the same time by Pro Gloria. Not that I need anymore gendarmes either.



Warlord Games: Hard Plastic Landsknecht Miniatures Inbound

Warlord Games will be releasing some cool hard plastic landsknecht miniatures designed and sculpted by Michael Anderson of Games Workshop' Warhammer Empire Fame!

Many will remember these cool plastic Landsknecht miniatures as they were designed by Pro Gloria Miniatures when they tried to crowdfund their creation on Indiegogo. The crowdfunding didn't succeed and the range both metal and plastic miniatures were bought by Warlord Games for their growing Black Powder miniature ranges. 

Now they have finally resurfaced and according to Warlord Games' CEO John Stallard these miniatures will become available in about 6 months. The original owner of the range Stefan over at Pro Gloria Miniatures commissioned loads of cool bodies, weapons and other options from Michael Anderson. But according to the online source not all of these parts will be produced as there were simply too much parts to be feasible. Shame as they all looked excellent but the sprue will eventually contain sufficient parts to make 10 miniatures allowing you to assemble 8-10 pikemen and/ or 1-2 handgunners.

Below you can find pictures of these sculptures when they were being funded by Pro Gloria Miniatures so note that not all of these bodies and parts will eventually be available. We can only hope all the cool poses and weapons will be on the sprue but that said, I haven't seen any official Warlord Games news about these splendid miniatures so we can't be sure yet.







10 comments:

  1. I have been waiting for these to resurface, although now that they are coming from Warlord Games, they will as mentioned have fewer options and likely cost more... (offset by the availability!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a shame Stefan didnt continue with his pet project as I thought he was very good. Unfortunately [or fortunately] Warlord have the money to buy up struggling projects and release them. Shame its not the full set though.

      Delete
  2. About f****** time too! They look to be cracking figures, but, to echo Mr L, they'll not be as good value for money as they could have been. On the upside, as lest they weren't gobbles up by Empress where you'd be paying in blood. Good heads up though, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a real shame that Stefan sold the range, and of course Warlord will want to recoup their money, and some.s.

      Delete
  3. Good news, even though I've probably got enough landsknechts (who am I kidding?!)
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iain,
      You know and I know that as soon as they are released we will be buying a box or three. Perhaps we need Steff Mcgovern to sort out our shopping problems.

      Delete
  4. Yesterday,I received notice that they are available to order. And indeed thats what I did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, before I realised it I had 3 in my cart (free postage and really buying 3 saves you money! )and was looking at the new command figures and the Maxamilian figures, then came to my senses! I'll buy one pack in a shop when I see them.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Robbie. I don't suppose you have any idea what happened to the "two handed poses" of the Landsknechts that Stephan produced? It is such a shame that they have not been released as Warlord took over the project- they are much more dynamic looking then the "marching" poses that are avilable.

    ReplyDelete

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.