Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Saturday 19 November 2016

Still plugging away.

 Its been a while since I posted on my renaissance blog, and thats purely because I have been spending my time painting ACW figures. I have however also been plodding away painting up 1/32 plastic medievals for a hoped for Lion Rampant game sometime next year. Hardly renaissance but near as damn it.
 Painting plastic is a whole different ball game as regards preparation and well, actually painting them. I have enjoyed the experience though.As one can see I now have a few infantry, well actually over 60, but I still need to do some foot archers and then some knights which have been harder to source. I only hope the game is worth the effort.
 I havent given up on my renaissance armies, and I can assure anyone that I have a large number? still left to paint, including two French Wars of religion armies.


10 comments:

  1. They look great, good to see you posting something on this blog, I look forward to both your French armies! Your ACW army /armies do look good, are you going to do your wars of religion armies matt like your ACW armies or gloss like your previous renaissance armies?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iain,
      For some reason Ive opted to not varnish the ACW or Wars of Religion figures? Dont ask me why but I think because I have given up attempting to find an easy to apply matt varnish, plus and certainly for the WoR one should be able to pick them up by their bases.

      Delete
  2. Regarding whether Lion Rampant will be worth it: everything I've read from everyone has been glowing. I haven't played yet, but I've read them, and they are uncommonly well-written and well thought-out.

    Best regards,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,
      Ive heard that, and to be honest they appear very easy to play. I was asked to put on a participation game at Middlesbrough this year but declined. However I hope to take up that offer and have enough figures to host a game. Plus my grandchildren will be coming of an age to host a game, I hope.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Chris regarding the rules. I am sure all your splendid looking 1/32 figures will enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking minis, beautiful colors...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil,
      I cant help doing totally un historical colour schemes.

      Delete
  5. Figures look great like that basing hope to see your WoR figures soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willie,
      I wish I had been able to buy some of your collection recently, but got outbid. As for the WoR, well they are sat in boxes looking at me.

      Delete

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.