Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Wednesday 14 September 2016

French Wars of Religion Pike.

  I intend to use the new Baroque rules for my War of Religion project, as I have found them a great set of rules that capture the feel of late renaissance period really well. Who says I'm anti European?
 This is the first base of a two base pike regiment, containing a mix of figures from the old Citidal range and the new Warlord range. They are fairly compatible. The pike were again supplied by that most excellent wargamer Jason Williams who sent me a number [ large ] of pre painted pike which I have touched up. Again they will look far better when they receive their standards, which I hope Pete from Pete's Flags will supply when he stops doing his distracting day job.
  I'm not certain how the Royal Swiss were dressed during this period, but it was well documented that they were the best pike armed troops on both sides of the war, hence the Huguenot reliance on arquebus and musket armed infantry. Its a start anyway.  

                                   

7 comments:

  1. Looks great, so is that impetus baroque your using? Will you carry on using pike and shot for the Italian wars collection? The mix of manufactures works well I think.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iain,
      Yep thats correct, Pike and shotte lend themselves well to the Italian Wars, but I felt Baroque added something to the latter conflicts.

      Delete
  2. A wonderful and impressive vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great I'm mixing foundry/citadel with warlord also they are a good fit looking forward to more Robbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand Willie that you are doing the siege of Malta, a very colourful period in its own right.

      Delete
  4. Robbie,

    Who makes the mounted figure in the middle?

    ReplyDelete

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.