Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Monday 16 May 2016

The Borgias, the BBC version.

This BBC series was the original reason that I collected a 28mm renaissance Borgia army way back in the 1980's. I remember the series as a lavish drama, with everything, sex, violence colour and history. It is now available again via Amazon, and having now watched the first disc, it is as good as I remember, clearly the BBC were prepared to spend some money on the costumes and scenery. Oliver Cotton looks like Cesare although I find him a tad too aggressive, and the Italian actor looks and acts like Pope Alexander. It was a great series in the 1980's and to be honest I think it is still a great series. Well worth a punt, honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.