Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Thursday 31 March 2016

It was only supposed to be a contingent.

 At the request of a poster, Iain, I have took some quick snaps of my Swiss contingent of the French army. Its only when you put them on a table as a whole do you realise that maybe one has painted too many. It was meant to be a contingent, but probably could be used as an army in its own right.
 I have 'found' a unit of unpainted Swiss halberdiers, that I think I should complete, as the Swiss were renowned for their murderous use of the weapon. I also have some spare crossbowmen, which if painted up could reflect the earlier Swiss army. Oh and not forgetting the Duke of Lorraine and his small unit of knights.






8 comments:

  1. Well, thank you very much! That's a big contingent, or let's face it army they all look even better together, you could do Marigano, probably spelt that wrong but you'd need an awful lot of French gendarmes, not that that would be a problem. So I guess it is a Polish army next to fight your turks?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have a lot of French Gendarmes, Iain. In fact I have ordered a few more from Eureka. Its a sad fact that I have always been fascinated by the suckers.
      As for a Polish army, I stopped painting them a few months ago, in an effort to control things. I now wish I had never sold the painted figures.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous Robbie! I think we wargamers never know when to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colourful sight, thats certainly an army!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris,
      It is nearly back to its original size now.

      Delete

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.