Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Saturday 27 February 2016

The project continues.

 In between bouts of Bronchitis, etc I have still managed to get some painting done. In this case it is my Spanish heavy cavalry. The Spanish cavalry was not as heavily armoured as their French counterparts, and tended not to use bards. As a consequence I've used unbarded horses to emphasize this. Clearly I was in a Red/Yellow mood during their painting but it helps identify their Spanish connections. Standards are in the main by Adolfos Ramos, with a couple of Pete's Flags thrown in.


 All my pike blocks have their own sub unit of missile troops, this is the latest completed unit for my Swiss. I checked just how many Swiss I had, and I realise that I do have a large number, ie 4 blocks of pike plus lights, which is quite enough really. At least I thought so until I found! a box of unpainted Swiss pike. So it would be churlish not to paint them as well, they can always be the lesser effective Grison Swiss.  



10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Phil, you may have realised that I have a penchant for painting grey horses at the moment. Im not certain why, but it did make them standout a bit more. Thanks for your kind comment.

      Delete
  2. You can. Ever have too many swiss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colin, I think I have too many Swiss, but it seemed a shame not to paint the last of the metal.

      Delete
  3. I really like your Spanish horse, I am just painting gendarmes, to be used by any force, your dedicated lighter horse are more specific and all the better for it, lots of red and yellow. What make are your latest crossbow unit? I've just finished about 100 pike, to be Swiss ,french, Italian whoever it's admirable that you have specific units
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evening Iain,
      The crossbow are a couple of Citidal/ Foundry figures, and some figures I picked up off E Bay, and I havent got a clue which company.

      Delete
  4. Lovely stuff!

    Can we expect to see another Renaissance demo game in the NE soon? Possibly at the Durham show?

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to put on another renaissance game Darrell, but somehow I dont think it will at the Durham show.

      Delete
  5. Those figures look fantastic, great work.

    ReplyDelete

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.