Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Aut Cesar, Aut Nihil, Wargaming the Borgias.

Tuesday 11 August 2015

Family Commitments.

 I've been tied up with family commitments for the last couple of weeks, so my wargaming and more importantly my painting schedule is all to pot. Still I was able to sneak in a bit of work and finished these figures. The two figures with shields are actually Hinchliffe figures that I hadnt seen before, the shields are particularly well done, in fact Ive a sneaking suspicion that Peter Gilder used a metal button for the original master, but I may be wrong. Still they make a nice infantry command base for my Turks. The standard bearer was a damaged painted figure with a new flag.

 Next we have a Spanish pike block, courtesy of a lot of painted spares given to me by Jason Willaims when he was re basing his units bought from the late Mike Ingham of the Wargames Holiday Centre fame. The back ranks also contain some really good figures that John Reidy had painted and gave to me to use. So really a mish mash of figures, that looks pretty good in my eyes.




1 comment:

  1. Just browsing for ideas to do some Italian Wars Spanish, and noted those 2 Turkish figures with button shields. You may already know they are from the HC Fantasy range, which if you like such things (as I do) was a small but very nice group of figures. I suspect Peter Gilder felt obliged to do some Fantasy figs. but perhaps his heart wasn't in it. The centaur of the same range sports the same shield as these guys. One day, I hope to do a big Lord of the Rings battle using mainly HC figures, both Fantasy and historical.
    cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.

Honour Guard of Cesare Borgia.